- Fewer homes were listed in August than July
- On average, homes in the Triangle sell in 34 days
- Homes listed above $475k are taking longer to sell than those at lower price points. (36% of homes listed above $475k took over 4 months to sell)
What this means for Sellers:
- The market is hungry for homes which means it’s still a great time to sell.
- Homes priced under $475k are selling very, very quickly. Be sure your agent has experience with multiple offer situations.
- Homes listed above $475k are selling at a slower pace, so here are some tips for selling at this end of the market:
- Interview listing agents carefully and focus on how they will be presenting your home. Do they employ a professional photographer? A stager? Is drone photographer appropriate for your property?
- Don’t give a buyer any reason to pass on your home. Get your home pre-inspected or do a thorough walkthrough and note down what repairs and updates are needed to let you home show well. Get started on these projects. Ask your real estate agent for names of reliable handymen, plumbers, electricians, etc who can help.
- If you know you need to have your home sold by a certain date, get it on the market in order to make sure it has enough time to sell. If it sells in a month… great! If it does not, you’ve planned for it and reduced your stress level.
Hope you found this update helpful! Call me with any questions you might have.
Christine 919-247-1989 (cell)